Labels

2.02.2011

Worship begins...


JT you have been blessed with the ablity to play music!
Recently he has been playing in the worship band at his youth group. He wrote a speech on worship that he gave to his speech class this month. I am very proud of his attitude toward worship and the material he put together for his speech.


What do you think of whan you hear the word Musician? Do you think of a rock star rocking out on a stage: maybe you think of a guy just playing guitar. When I hear the word musician I think of a servant. I was told once that in medieval times musicians were not like rock stars they were just known as jesters. There job was to dance an dplay music as a servant to the king.

Playing music and listening to music are great abilities that God has given us. We use music in all most everything. Music is everywhere! Even if you tried to get away from music you would probably find it really hard. I think if we did not have music it waould be very depressing. So, what I am trying to say is music is a big deal in life. Every cluture has some type of music, but even if you don't like to play music the key is to like what you do and do what you like!

When I was 11 years old I really wanted to start playing guitar, but I had no one to each me so I started to pray, a lot! A year later I went to this church event called Winter Chill and at Winter Chill there was this guy named David Murray. (He was really good at all intruments) After being scared to death of asking him I finally got up the courage to walk up to him and ask him if he would teach me guitar. He said, "Yeah Man!" After a long converstaion he was not only going to teach me guitar but teach me for free!! I was schocked! It was a big blessing from God. it was the best feeling in the world to know that I was giong to get FREE guitar lessons. I thought I was just going to learn guitar but David used guitar to teach me how to worship and what worship really is.

God made music and it can fill the empty space in our lives. 2Samuel 22:50 says,"Therefore, I will give thanks to you Oh Lord, among the Gentiles, and sing praises to your name." Also, in 1 Chronicles 23L5 it says, "Four thousand praised the Lord with musical intruments, which I have made for giving praise." When I play on stage at my church it's really hard because I have the temptation to stage dive or do some cool solo. Whenever I am faced with that temptation I just remember that I am a jester to the King of Kings!

No comments:

Post a Comment