Labels

4.25.2012

I have been hearing many thoughts.....


I’ve been hearing many thoughts come out of Jay’s mouth recently. Things like…..

“Babe, have you seen this website about this RN in Kenya who has opened a hospice center? Maybe the Lord wants to use us there?”
“Guess what…only 17 more weeks until graduation, then I will officially be an LPN!!”
“Babe, I have three tests tomorrow, I have no idea how I will do.”
“Guess what, I made 88%, 84%, 92%. It was all God I have no idea how I did that in one day.”
“Babe, have you been on Restoration Gateway’s Website lately? There are some amazing things going on in Uganda! Maybe the Lord wants to use us there?”

I have been hearing many thoughts come out of Melissa’s mouth recently.  Things like...

“Honey, I heard about this guy, Grant, working in Sudan, they need a male nurse you should check it out. Maybe the Lord wants to use us there?”
“I can’t wait until you’re done with nursing school so that I can see your entire face not just the top of your head while you’re studying!!”
“Honey, trust the Lord he will give you the strength you need to do well on those tests.”
“I read the Huffman’s in Kenya blog today, you need to read it. They have a new nurse helping them at their children’s home.”
“I had a dream of holding a baby who was dying because it needed food.”


As most of you know we are facing a season of change as we navigate through this incredible journey called Life!
We have learned so much through the Bighouse ministry. God has used our time as we have worked with teens who have great emotional need to soften our hearts toward those in great physical need. As we read God’s word, pray, worship, & learn more about needs around the world we continue to be drawn to the needs of East Africa.
This coming July Melissa and I are planning a discovery trip to East Africa to see the work being done by these three organizations. We have been praying for God to show us which organization he desires us to work alongside so that we will be able to look after the orphan and widow to the glory of God.
“What does the Lord require of us: To do justice, to love mercy
and to walk humbly with our God.” Micah 6:8
Please pray for our trip:
-Safety while traveling.
-Safety for JT and Claira while they staying behind, this time.
-Unity and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.
-Our long term purpose in E. Africa  to be revealed.

Financial Support:
-2 plane tickets $3,000
-2 weeks room & board in Kenya $1,000
-2 weeks room & board in Uganda/Sudan $560
- 4 week van rental $400
Total Trip Cost: $4,960
Mail Tax Deductible Donation To:
New Heights Church
P.O. Box 8668
Fayetteville, AR 72703
*Please write Gresham’s on the memo line.        Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment