Labels

3.15.2013

We hope we are Never the same....



 List of the children above in no particular order: Damaris Barasa, Dorcas Indekhwa, Diana Ambunya,
Melson Madela, Elizabeth Anumbi, Tony Karani, Bofine Alosio. Defline Samuli, Susan Masimiyu,
Sintnia Masimiya, Elizabeth Chimoli, Irene Bakoya, Edwin Barasa, Benjamin Barasa, Bryan Bilai,
Brian Wanjala, Francis Okwavuri, Jesse, Emanuel


“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you  need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ   Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7


“And now dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. ….Then the God of peace will be with you.”
Philippians 4:8 &9b


It has been just over three months since we’ve been back from Africa, and we are not the same; Praise the Lord! I personally prayed while we were in Kenya that  I would not forget all that I had learned, seen, smelled, and touched. I knew that as soon as I was back in  my busy American life the temptation would be to forget the lessons I had learned. The Lord has been gracious to me by answering this prayer. At night have dreams about Rehoboth House; I hear the children laughing and playing, and see the faces that are in the picture above. I look up Kenyan recipes on the internet. I tear up, amazed that we are here in this great country, but yet God has allowed us the privilege to help care and pray for these 20 sweet children made in his image.

The other day I came across the pair of shoes I wore while in Africa, I realized that I wasn’t wearing them because they still had red dirt all over them; it was imbedded in the fabric and in every groove of the soles. I threw them in the washer wondering if they would be ruined, but knew I wouldn’t wear them again if they weren’t cleaned. After they were washed and laid out to dry I was thankful that I hadn’t ruined them, but that not all of the red dirt was gone. I showed my shoes to Jay laughing about it and he said, “You know, those shoes are like our hearts; we just can seem to get the  “Africa” out of it, it is forever there.” I am now proudly wearing my “African imbedded dirt shoes” because once again, God, was gracious in reminded me that, NO, I will never be the same.

My intention wasn’t to write a book today, but I did want to say thank you to all of you who helped us with our most recent donation to Rehoboth House. In October we were able to send $350. Peter was able to purchase three months worth of beans, rice and maze (corn) along with two new coal stoves and enough coal. Peter is modeling Philippians 4:6-9 to the children. He, with confidence, always trusts that God will provide and he continually fixes his eyes on Jesus, which produces in Peter true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praise worthy thoughts and actions.  

            In his own words:
Thanks brother,
We got the funds and bought everything as it had been planned. Everybody is fine and we thank God for everything. God bless you so much and we miss you so much. Say hello to Melissa and whole the family and all the brothers who are supporting us tell them we are very grateful.

Thanks so much,
Brother Peter

_____________________________________________________________________________

Our goal was to raise $2,000 to cover food and unexpected expenses. God has been so faithful through your response to this need. We have currently raised $1,440!
We only need to raise $560 to reach our goal for the year. WOW! We are blown away. We will let you know as soon we have reached the goal.

If you are interested in donating please send your donation to:
New Height’s Church
P.O. Box 8668
Fayetteville, AR 72703
Please write Gresham’s Africa on the memo line.


Blessings to you all,
Melissa & Jay
        

No comments:

Post a Comment